Exploring Funders’ Support for LGBTQI+ Organisations
The National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF) has commissioned NatCen Social Research, working in partnership with Consortium, to explore and identify ways funders can improve their support for LGBTQI+ led organisations and projects.
This research aims to answer five key questions:
- What do the LGBTQI+ communities and their supporting organisations look like across the UK?
- What does the funding landscape look like for UK LGBTQI+ organisations?
- What are the facilitators and barriers to LGBTQI+ organisations across the UK accessing support from funders, such as The National Lottery Community Fund?
- What knowledge, skills and understanding do funders need to better support LGBTQI+ organisations?
- What care and support do LGBTQI+ led organisations require from funders in order to thrive?
Why take part?
This research will help NLCF to better understand what support from funders LGBTQI+ organisations might benefit from. Your views are important to us and we look forward to hearing about your thoughts and experiences of accessing funding as LGBTQI+ organisations.
As part of this research, we are conducting discussion groups with LGBTQI+ organisations.
Find out more about the discussion groups with LGBTQI+ organisations.
Who is carrying out the research?
NatCen Social Research is an independent, not-for-profit organisation working to improve people’s lives through research. Our research helps to inform public services, charities, the government and other organisations.
Consortium is the national umbrella body for Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans Voluntary and Community Organisations, with a diverse membership of 450 organisations across the UK.
If you have any questions or want to get in touch, you can email the research team at email@example.com.